We have bad wanderlust, bad! I’m having trouble focusing at work and home since I have worked all thru Covid and hard. I had to get away, so Orlando here we are! We are headed to San Juan, Puerto Rico , we like to be last minute.
But this is what we have learned with covid travel… so far early into our trip.
- To go to Puerto Rico and fly on some airlines you must have a negative Covid test within 72hours negative, or you cannot go!
- Getting a rapid Covid test requires some real work and investigation. We barely go it done.
- Spirit airlines does NOT social distance at all, there is NO separation between seating, zero. All seats were filled, 100% occupancy.
- The hotel websites might say breakfast and free shuttle, but Covid probably shut that down, do not expect any extras.
- Extras including cleaning your room with housekeeping daily, that is apparently not happening at any hotels. No beds made when you come back after a long day of just relaxing at the beach.
- In Puerto Rico, you must wear your mask ALL the time, even on the beach, even when walking down the street, even if no one is around, if the police pull up, they will make you mask it! Pretty much everyone does wear a mask everywhere.