The Beard of Japan

In Japan, my husbands beard is a show stopper, I love how he grows it out, shaves it, changes it up. I feel like I have a different man at every change, lol! In Japan, his beard is a show stopper, we were stopped about eight times for a photo of locals wanting his picture with him. I think I saw 24 separate people secretly taking pictures of him with their cell phones, especially on the subway.

In this photo he was stopped again, and he said a entire family photo and we want one too! This photo is also our welcome to our website photo right now.

Upon request, two more pictures of Davids beard up close. This is him in Iceland in March 2019
Davids big beard when we were in Kalamazoo, MI this past April 2019.
They are equally furry!

48 responses to “The Beard of Japan”

1. Prosperity says:

That’s interesting. Does anyone in Japan have a beard?

Liked by 9 people

2. Mark Tulin says:

The beard is awesome. I have one as well and they taken on a character of their own.

Liked by 5 people

3. steveknife says:

A beard almost always wins!

Liked by 7 people

4. Sheree says:

I have never ever seen an Asian person with a bushy beard.

Liked by 7 people

• Yep, so they were fascinated, it was so funny to watch people across the subway secretly try and take his picture, often we were pushed apart so I could watch them.

Liked by 3 people

• Anne J. says:

Our men cannot grow beard. Haha. A moustache is not an easy one either. My stepfather used to add in to his negligible moustache with an eyebrow pencil, for fun. Lol! Then, again, my one cousin, who converted to Islam managed to grow a long-ish chin beard, but it was narrow (little) so like really just below the mouth.

Liked by 6 people

• I was guessing that was true but it was just a guess with my husband has beard can go just as long sideways as it does down words he tends to shave it off in the summer time because it gets so hot but it grows back so rapidly that within very little time maybe two months it’s just as long as it was in that picture

Liked by 3 people

• Anne J. says:

I think Asian men could be rather jealous. 😁 I can only imagine how it must be in summer.

Liked by 3 people

5. You know I never thought about Japanese men not weaing a beard. And I should have thought about as I’m such a people watcher. I like this.

Liked by 7 people

6. Maybe the Japanese people don’t keep beard because that’s hard to draw in manga? πŸ˜‰ Also, would you post a picture your husband’s beard someday? I am really curious. πŸ™‚

Liked by 7 people

7. da-AL says:

How interesting & funny – they probably don’t enjoy Japanese men (& women!) with beards nearly as much lolol

Liked by 5 people

8. Christy B says:

Haha who knew the beard would be such a topic of conversation~!

Liked by 4 people

• He shaved it for the summer now he just did it but it grows back just that long and 2 months anyhow. It was crazy fun and when we go back to Japan and we will for sure I know he’s going to try and make it and even longer beard

Liked by 3 people

9. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    HIS MAKES HIM LOOK GREAT—MINE MADE ME JUST LOOK ANGRY!

Liked by 4 people

10. Tanya Sheik says:

Beard gives one a realistic look. David has a gentle look. cheeersπŸ€—βœŒ

Liked by 5 people

• all day long My husband is an incredible man I could brag about him all day long and how wonderful he is to me and the kids. I couldn’t ask for a better husband or partner to be with. Both gentle and tough all at the same time.

Liked by 3 people

11. Now I want a clear photo of the beard too πŸ˜‚

Liked by 3 people

12. Dawn Renee says:

I before now, hadn’t realized that I’ve not seen an Asian gentleman with a beard! Isn’t that strange and neat, how we’re all human, yet there are such differences pertaining to factors such as hair within the genetic make-up of our beings?! What a fun and unexpected experience there, huh?!

Liked by 5 people

• I know it is really funny we were completely not expecting that. When we would be separated on the subway I could see people seeing pictures for Mom from across the subway train they would act so calm as if they weren’t doing it it would crack me up and I would tell him when you get off he would say “why didn’t you tell me I would have posed for a picture with them”, but talking on the subway is really a no no in Japan.

Liked by 2 people

13. Child Of God says:

Wish I could travel all over the world but not so interested in some countries.

Liked by 3 people

14. Thats hilarious!!

Liked by 6 people

15. Can I just say what a relief to find somebody who actually is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You positively know how you can bring a difficulty to gentle and make it important. More folks need to read this and perceive this side of the story. I cant consider youre not more well-liked since you definitely have the gift.

Liked by 1 person

16. shyshahg says:

like very much your blogs and comments . Beard is a valuable according to Islam and its has numbers of advantages and beanfeasts for good health .

Why i not post photos in comments ???

Liked by 1 person

• Hi I’m not sure how to post photos and comments but you can send me a link to a photo on your blog I will be checking out your blog this afternoon I love my husband’s beard sometimes he grows at really really long especially in the winter but then he typically shaves it off in the summer because it’s so hot when we were in Japan recently A lot of people really love that beard and he got a lot of attention for it